Come cut your Christmas tree - December 2nd and 3rd.
Stop by the Moose Visitor Center to purchase a tree cutting permit ($5.00 cash or check ONLY) and we will direct you to the 2023 tree cutting area designated by CO State Forest Service.
The Visitor Center will open at 9:00am.
The last permits will be sold at 3:00pm.
We will also have a craft table set up to make ornaments for your tree!
Below are the guidelines for cutting your own tree:
• Bring a rope/tarp to move your tree from the harvest area to your vehicle.
• Place tree cutting permit on the dash of your vehicle
• Bring your own tools for tree cutting – hand saw, etc.
• Know your location, the weather, and your ability to traverse through snow.
• Always check weather conditions for proper dress attire in the forests.
• Christmas trees cannot be sold. Permits must be in your possession at all times while on the forest.
• Remember to tell someone where you are going. Your cell phone may not work in some areas of our park.
• The tree you choose must be no taller than 12’ and only cut in designated area – cut trunk 6”-12” from ground.
• You must cut the entire tree - never cut a tall tree just for the top.